Saturday 20 December 2014

Living with Windows



Living with Microsoft Windows


Windows 1.0, 3.1x, 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7 and Windows 8 all these are the versions of  Microsoft Windows to many of us. But to me, these are the magical representation of dreams realized. Every upgrade version of Windows has lasting impact on me and my students. The day when I enrolled for a “Microsoft Office Management Course” in my city with Aptech Ltd, a Microsoft approved training center, my colleagues laughed at me. This was because I spent USD 500 for such a course. But I did not look back. Later when internet became available, I jumped to it. Internet Explorer became my daily companion. All these years, both in weal and woe, I and Windows remain together and pledged to remain so in the years to come. On my journey with Windows, I have run a youth training center, namely ‘Cosmopolitan Services’ for seven years from 2001-2007. I trained several hundred youths with Office course. They became self-reliant. These unemployed youths got their rightful place in the society because of ‘Office’.

At the advent of my career, I had a passion for Windows. Since then it has taken me from one experience to another and opened up opportunities. From Windows 1.00 to Windows 8 with all its upgraded versions and new features, it has changed my level of passion. Finally, through using Technology in teaching, it leads me to become a Microsoft mentor school leader. This year it creates the opportunity for me to become a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert-2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment