Wednesday 31 December 2014

An open Letter to Microsoft


An open letter to
 


Dear



Best wishes for a Happy New Year. Thank you for giving us
 


 OfficeMix, OneNote, Sway, and Skype Translator as New Year’s bonanza.

It helps me a lot to make my lesson interesting and interactive. My students are also enthusiastic about these. In the coming years, it will have lasting impact on education.  I joined the Partner in Learning Network in 2013.


I did not have the slightest idea what I would have in the coming year. In 2014, I participated in

                                   Microsoft in Education Global Forum-2014.

Being a member of your family, I discovered myself in a new height. It enhanced my capacity to deepen my knowledge through the positive use of technology.  I attended all the professional development programmes that came on my way to be an innovative educator. Since then, I started using all the tools provided by Microsoft to improve the learning of my students. I was amazed by the discovery how these poor boys and girls have become the 21st century learners from the traditional students learning by rote. The impact of changing teaching methodology gives them the freedom to search and research the Net with Bing.

They accumulate their findings with  Words and Excel and present them with amateur PowerPoint and Windows Movie Maker, and even dare to create Auto Collage to test their skills in Digital Literacy. All the tools empower my learners. My role from an authoritative master shifts to a friend of the learners, a facilitator. They start to learn and create through collaboration. With this another challenge emerges- the ownership of knowledge. I think this will sure to unlock the door to creativity for them. 
I feel proud to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert -2015. You facilitate us with such innovative tools and resources that make us go ahead of time. Having all the great educators from the world around, you create a global platform for teachers. Being a partner in learning, I have realized that my activity has global impact. Every moment it pricks me to do something good and every moment it makes me better.  I wish our efforts and activities will make the world a better place in the coming year.   

Mohammed Khurshed Alam

 
Bangladesh


1 comment: